CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I am stuck!!

I haven't write anything yet for Chapter 4 and it has already been 3 weeks data from tests and questionnaire was inserted in the SPSS. I also met one of my supervisors last week to discuss with him concerning the data I collected. Although he helped me to analyse the data, but one and the most important thing he didn't cater is to test the normality of the data. He did cater it, but it was really "shallow". I am rather stupid-ignorant with statistics, but I think determining normality of data is the first priority before concentrating on analysing the research questions. He reasoned that 'people' in my field was not too concern about this i.e. data normality, and therefore it was fine for me to just report on the fact that the outliers were taken care off before proceeding to analysing research questions. How can it be when it the first place that determine whether I can use parametric or non parametric statistic.

Back at home, I tried to write according to what he said. Yet, I couldn't. So, I started to ask around. And now since Hadif is having chicken pox, I can only email my friends asking them to help me regarding this. It's a process of learning, I know. But sometimes you can feel distress also because of people around you who are not really supportive and understanding.

0 comments: