CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My 5S

5S is five Japanese words which are seiri, seiton, seiso, seiketsu and shitsuke. It is being widely practice in many working organisations. As for me, the system is useful as to make sure that documents are put in manageable ways for easy retrieving. The picture above are all the tests and questionnaires that have already been keyed-in by my research-assistant. I paid her RM4.15 per hour and she did it for only a week. That is the standard allowance in hiring a student as a research assistant. She is a diploma holder and currently is pursuing her degree in the university where I work. She really value punctuality and sometimes I have to make sure that I reach to work before she did...impressions count. And often she skipped lunch or take lunch in the lab so as to make sure that she could finish key-in the data for only a week. In fact, this was the agreement we decided to take. I was not really pushy with her...as long as she knew what she was doing, it was OK for me. And often bought her breakfast or lunch. She agreed with it. Back at home, this is where I place the documents at the mean time.

Coincidentally, when I did the 5S I also made a new look for my filing. Label the files and there you go. I remembered a friend of mine told me that it was rather good if we could have one file for one variable, and so on and so forth. It was an advice from her supervisor actually. I think her supervisor got a point there. Again, it is easy for us to retrieve articles...time is not wasted. It's more manageable. I still have several articles which I haven't printed yet. Got to buy some more files for the filing. Although my mind is full with so many things to do, I want to make sure that everything is well manage.

0 comments: