CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm still waiting

Last Friday, I prepared myself to present my proposal. I was nervous but always had faith that no matter what happened, I prayed that I could handle all matters well (if not best). I went to the presentation room (the usual room for presentation) and I saw that they were a few people in it. I guessed they must be there for my presentation. However, they seemed to be quite matured. That was my first doubt. Well, perhaps I was the only presenter. Moreover, it was a "last minute" notice for the students (they also didn't notify the presentation online, not that I care that no one will be attending the presentation. It's just that I felt that, would'nt there be at least a student to see me presenting? If there's none, the better actually!. I also didn't see a note on the door. Usually, there'll be a notice paste on the door if there's any presentation on that day. I thought it was better for me to go and check at the Graduate office. The staff told me that they changed the venue. Okay.. so I went to the building as was requested by her.

I waited for a few minutes. Then one of the SVs came (not the main SV). We discussed a few things. There were a lot of fruitful discussions, but just before I'll be presenting, not a good sign!. After a while, I could see a food caterer preparing tea-break in the room. Then came the examiner.. we made a short acquaintance. Just a few minutes after that the examiner's phone was ringing. I overhead her conversation. I could tell that something bad would be happening. My thought was right, she told me that the presentation was postpone again. I didn't know what to say. The SV was also speechless. He called the staff in the Graduate Office for confirmation. Yes, it was true as what the examiner informed us. The SV consoled me telling me there would always be a "hikmah" behinds all the things that happen to me. So, my defend was schedule to be on the Thursday 7 October. And yet at this hour the Graduate Office was still unable to find one available MC for the presentation nor can they fix the time whether is it going to be in the morning/afternoon. Ku mohon dipermudahkan buatku Ya Allah sebagaimana Engkau permudahkan tugasan hamba2mu yg lain, Amin.

0 comments: