CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 8, 2010

The proposal defense

Alhamdullilah. The waiting for proposal defend was over yesterday. It went okay. I received construtive comments from the examiner, chairperson and audiences. Some of the things I need to ammend were:

(i) problem statement needed to be refined. There's ONE point that I didn't address in the section. I stated it in the introduction but didn't highlights this in the problem statement's session.
(ii) further reading on theories used for the study needed to be done. They suggested that I read books though articles are also important. I can buy books on line for this. Committee recommeded me to go to the uni's library to borrow books
(iii) address why I left out some elements in the theory I adopted for the study.
(iv) check formatting. Is it APA, MLA..check consistency

They didn't comment on the method (Chapter 3) of my study. My committe (the only one) attending since the main SV was on academic trip oversea, was really happy about this. He gave me deadline for 5 months to analyse and write all chapters. What a challenge!

0 comments: