CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I've sent the first draft of my thesis

Alhamdullilah. I've already sent all the chapters to my supervisory committee members although I noticed some typo-errors here and there (ouch!!). I hope my main supervisor is happy with the content of the thesis. It took me quite sometime to write all the chapters. I did the collection of data, analysis of data and writing data all in six months. I pray to Allah that my endeavor is easy and smooth. My hubby helped me in compiling all the chapters. It was not a day work when it comes to paging, preparing Table of Contents, converting document from Words to PDF. Concerning converting Words to PDF, I learned that chapters, appendices and other doc. for thesis can be combined to make a complete thesis. I didn't know how to do this before (I am not IT savvy, but like technology).

On the day of submitting the draft, my husband and the kids stayed in the hotel since we didn't want to troublesome our in-laws staying in KL and Ulu Kelang. Luckily, the internet service in the hotel is free. The breakfast was not bad either. I guess this is made common in other hotels as well (wireless internet service). Right after the thesis was printed and bound, we headed home. The weather was very cloudy. So, we only stopped at my sister in law's house to perform solat qasr (maghrib and insya'). And of course, dinner that was pre-ordered. Her house is near to food stores, and hence, we ordered food for dinner.

What I can say is that, I feel bless that my attempt to send the first draft is realised although I'm not sure of the responses. I really hope, again, that my draft is accepted..and I'll make changes if they require me to do so. I received a sms from my friends telling me that her friend took a year for editing stuffs after her submission of the first draft thesis. I hope mine is easier and smoother.

0 comments: